Thursday, October 3, 2013

ARC Review: Dare You To by Katie McGarry



*Received from NetGalley*
Dare You To
(Book #2 in the Pushing the Limits series)
Amazon | Goodreads | BN

Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin Teen (May 28, 2013)
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance, 470 pages

ISBN-10: 03732106391
ISBN-13: 978-0373210633
ASIN: B00BED2UE6
My Copy: ARC eBook

SUMMARY:
If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

MY REVIEW:
Daring games taken to a whole new level. ROMANCE level that is. *swooning* Why...oh, why. Can I just kick Beth to the curb and take Ryan for myself?

I absolutely LOVED this book. The way Ryan doesn't give up on Beth and tries his damndest to make her feel loved and open her up, not just to him, but to herself as well is so damned cute! *sigh* where's my Ryan Stone? Baseball player? HELLO?!? HAWT! I will admit one of the things I wasn't hot about, was the fact that it took Beth forever to finally understand, but, hey, character building right? I guess I just wanted a fast HEA. But, then again, I'm a very impatient person.

The little cutsie things that Ryan would do for Beth just had my heart MELTING!

(yes, I would totally over dramatize myself swooning like this)

ME! ME, ME, ME! Yeah, I totally replaced Beth in those, it's-so-fluffy-I-could-DIE moments, while reading this book. KMcGarry definitely knows how to put a big ol' cheesy grin on your face. You know, those grins where you get an unexpected text/call from your boo thang/honey bee/role playing master and you just can't help but smile. Yepp, those. And not just those either. KMcGarry also has you wiping tears from your eyes with the heartbreaking moments in this book as well. WOW. Talk about an emotional roller-coaster. Not in the wow-fuck-me-this-book-was-horrendous, but in the omfg-that-roller-coaster-was-the-BOMB-I'm-getting-on-it-again. Or in this case, totally reading it again ;)

I kinda liked the fact that although Beth had her major issues, so did Ryan. With his ever perfect parents wanting him to do what they want him to do, and him going against the grain and pushing them to their limits had me enjoying the book that much more. I felt sorry for both characters, yeah, Beth has it bad, with her drug addict mom who is stuck with an abusive boyfriend, but in Ryan's world, his problems are big too. What he wants to do with his life and who he wants in his life is his decision not his parents.

From Pushing the Limits to Dare You To, KMcGarry definitely knows what she's doing. Delivering a book that will keep you up well past dawn, hooked on the boiling romance that is building between Beth and Ryan. Katie McGarry gives you another full blown teen drama, filled with indecision, hurt, acceptance and love. If you're into new adult novels, then definitely pick up Dare You To and if you haven't read this series before, go ahead and pick up the first book in the series: Pushing the Limits. 

Click HERE for my review of PUSHING THE LIMITS (Book #1 in the Pushing the Limits series)

MY RATING:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top