Friday, April 11, 2014

Movie Review: P.S. I Love You w/ Dr. Daen


P.S. I Love You
Genre: Drama, Romance
Rated: PG-13
Time:
126 min
Release Date: Dec. 21, 2007

Director: Richard LaGravenese
Writers: Richard LaGravenese (Screenplay) , Steven Rogers (Screenplay) , Cecelia Ahern  (Novel)
Starring: Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, and Harry Connick, Jr. (Full cast and crew HERE)

MOVIE DESCRIPTION:
A young widow discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life.

REVIEW:
A: Now, before we start this review, I’m gonna tell you why we chose this movie to watch & review. Like all the movies that have been reviewed as D as a tag along, I’ve already watched them. And to my astonishment, D hasn’t. WHAAAT?! LAME! Anywho. We were playing a game of League yesterday with our good friend and fellow Commando comrade Rob! And no, that is not Rob Stark of Winterfell, fallen King of the North. A little image below to show you how we felt…. wait, some of you haven’t seen GoT yet…. well, here’s the gif anyway ;)
Anyway, We were playing our game when the enemy team says, “ps commando” and Rob being the witty guy that he is, quickly responded with, “ps I love you” and I follow up with, “omfg I love that movie!” and to both my and Rob’s disdain D says, “What movie?” -___________- and thus the P.S. I Love You has been moved to the top of the list on our movies to watch and review :) ON WITH THE REVIEW!

D: When she has told me about the movie I thought it was going to be just another one of those chick flick movies that she just wanted to watch with me. Which by the way I am always down to watch anything with A, I can stick it out even if I don’t really care for it, though she hasn’t disappointed me yet! Anyways I didn’t like the couple in the beginning, because they seemed to have some pre-marital problems but then it turned out that they really cared and loved each other!

A: *scolding* AnywaY D, AnywaY! AnywayS is improper. STAHP THAT! Anywho, yes, D didn’t like the beginning of the movie. Like...At. All. He kept saying things like, “What?” “Why are they…”
“That doesn’t make sense.” “That’s a stupid thing to argue over…” Yeah, it goes on and on and on. LAWDY! I had to bite my tongue and keep from telling him to shaaaaduuup cause the movie gets better….HELLO! It’s Gerard Butler!
D: Sigh* she alwayS! does this to me and my improper grammar QQ. Yes I know, I know I am not the best speller nor grammar masta in the house A! But anywho shortly afterwards we discovered that Gerry had past away! I couldn’t believe it I almost didn’t want  to believe it I was just starting to warm up to him after they had just made up and then it tears my heart apart that time had past by and he was dead ugh why do movies do this to me :((((((

A:  Lols. Yes, D cried like a baby. Although he did hide it really well. After the passing of Gerry, Holly (Hillary Swank) goes into a depression. And this depression stage is quite…. sad. Still in the beginning of the movie, her friends rally, as well as her mother to wish her a happy 30th birthday, to which Gerry has left her a bit of a surprise. He plans out these letters that carry out through the rest of the movie and helps her move on. And at the end of each letter, ends it with “P.S. I Love You” *swoon*

D: I can’t believe that she carried on so strongly after reading each letter that came acrossed her. She was so strong with each and every letter, if I was her I would be so torn apart and depressed for months to years! But she most definitely had her friends backing her up, and  a guy that worked at the bar named Daniel seemed to of been there for her during these rough times. He liked her, liked her a lot but he couldn’t find it in him to tell her that he liked her. Soon after she had a letter brought to her saying that she had a flight to Ireland, for her and her friends  Daniel over heard of this trip and tore the Yankees game tickets up out of sadness QQ.

A: I wouldn’t say he tore them up out of sadness, more like he tore them up with a let down feeling. Holly is still grieving in her own way and he can’t find a way to let her know he wants to be more than just her friend. Anywho, I like Daniel just fine, I thought he was an okay, if a really weird guy. Corky and cute I suppose. But that’s Harry Connick, Jr. for ya xD

Ah, yes, the Ireland trip. Holly gets to Ireland, goes out with her girls meets a local guy who is also a musician (like her late hubby) and her girlfriends push her to pursue him. She refuses at first, but then with words of encouragement from her girls, she makes her move! And being the weird, goofy girl that she is, she finds her way to William and he is automatically taken with this “American” girl. Which, let me point out, that D was soooo not a fan of William. Oh, no, he was #TeamDaniel from the get go.  

D: I kinda was a little bit a “#TeamDaniel” only because I thought with him being there for her that they may have got together but sadly I was wrong cause Mr. Irish man had to strut his Irishness all over the stage and towards the bar table. But I suppose later on he didn’t seem so bad.

A: Lol… but D is still #TeamDaniel. After the Ireland scene, Holly and her friends go back home to where she tries to figure out what to do with her life. And of course, Vampire Slayer and Assassin are out of the equation. But, I won’t ruin what her big job reveal is. I’ve already spoiled enough. BUT, Vampire Slayer would be really cool Buffy ain’t got nothin’ on me!
A: And thus we’ve reached the end of our review. Because we really don’t want to spoil much more. But, you’ve got the hang of it. So….let’s sum it up, shall we? HubbyPassesHeLeavesLettersToHelpHerMoveOnShe…. well, watch the movie and you’ll finish then end of that :p

Now for the rating! I’m giving this movie 7/10 stars. I thought it was really cute and I enjoyed it. But not quite hitting that 8+ wow factor for me. So, 7 it is. What say you, D?

D:I say 8! goof, it was so intense!! it hits you right where you feel! the feels! do you understand me!

A: lol @ it was so intense…. oookay mister xD He cried like a baby. So our overall rating for this movie is 7.5 stars!

D: I had something in my eye ok. Dust its everywhere.

A: lol sure you did. Welp, thanks for stopping bye! Don’t forget to leave a comment in the comment section below :)

MY RATING:

MOVIE TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top