Monday, February 4, 2013

TBR Pile Knockout #4

TBR Pile Knockout is a weekly meme hosted by Ana of Beach Bum Reads and Anna of Herding Cats & Burning Soup. This meme was created to tackle our HUGE and STILL GROWING TBR piles.

We will be posting EVERY other Monday for the rest of the year. Our goal is to make a rather nice dent in our TBR piles. So, aside from our other lovely reads, we will be making sure ONE book out of our TBR pile will be read :)

Want to join in? Check out the rules:

1. Go to your TBR pile and randomly pick one book off your list!
  • We'll be using random.org to pick our reads.
  • Type in the number of books in your TBR pile where it says "MAX"
  • Then click generate and it will give you your randomly selected book!
  • NOTE: If the book chosen via random.org is part of a series, you can go ahead and read the first book in said series. 
2. Come back here each week (or however often you'd like to join in) and link up your "TBR Pile Knockout" post in the linky below!

Don't know what to write in your post? You can Add the cover for your book, the book summary and details (author, publisher, etc.), you can leave a line or two on how long that book was sitting in your TBR Pile, or just tell us what you think about starting this one! You can always add in a review for your last pick too!

Don't have a blog? You can still join in! Just link in your Goodreads reviews or add link the Amazon/B&N page for the book and leave your thoughts in a comment on this page :)
*Click on photos to enlarge*
Alright, this is what I got last time on TBR Pile Knockout. And guess what? I READ IT! hahaha. Albeit, it was a short read, so that was pretty lucky of me lol. I think if it were a longer read, I wouldn't have finished it. This book is now sitting in my "review pile" so I'll be getting to that in the near future. Just a recap, the book was pretty good for a short. It does leave you with at a cliffhanger though, and that wasn't nice lol, but it was interesting to say the least. I'll be looking forward to reading the next installment, as I want to know what happens next. 

The other books that are still needing to be read from this meme are ... 



I've started on one of these, and I'm a bit iffy, but hey, I'm pushing through, right? Hopefully this week I can read a bit more on them :) 

This time my pick is...

SUMMARY:

Okay, let’s start out by saying this book is a compendium, not a novel. I had no idea what a compendium was until my good friend Merriam Webster informed me. Compendium: 1) a brief summary of a larger work or of a field of knowledge; 2) A collection or compilation.

This is all the ExtraOrdinary knowledge I’ve collected and written down in the little black book Ilithyia gave me as a death-day present. The same night she gave me the spiel about the important purpose I’d serve as The Seer. I have more questions about the Order than I have answers for, but I’ve decided to serve my higher purpose by constructing this encyclopedia for the Ordinary world.

The Seer’s 7 Deadly Fairy Tales also includes a truthful account of what happened to me, and a peek into what transpired while Locke and I were sent away to Blessingston. It’s full of definitions, cool illustrations, and the first of seven fairy tales that will be told over the course of the series. If you’re dying to know what goes on behind the veil of secrecy Salem is shrouded in, feel free to read this compendium.

But beware, the Order has one rule about recording ExtraOrdinary events--it’s strictly forbidden. So just to be on the safe side, you might want to destroy this after reading it.

But don’t worry about me getting in trouble, I’m already dead!

The Seer





EEEEEKKKKK *happy squeeling* I love, love, LOVE Elizabeth Marx! I've read her contemporary romance novels and they're damn good. (for real, like stop reading this and go pick them up lol) This will be the first time I try her paranormal side of things and I'm hoping they're just as good. This summary alone sounds very promising to me ^_^ *continues squeeling and starts happy dancing*

So, what was your random pick this week?





2 comments:

  1. Yay Ana!!! Squeeing right along with ya!! LOL. Glad one of us got our book read this week!! ;) And yay for Elizabeth being your pick for this one! Lover her too! But haven't tried her pnr ones. Can't wait to hear what ya think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check you out! Im with Anna...I didnt read mines from last time, hopefully I can get it done this week :)) Im gonna pick my book & do a quick post...Ill do the full one when i get home lata

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top