Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ARC Review: Crash into You by Katie McGarry



*Received from NetGalley*
Crash into You
(Book #3 in the Pushing the Limits series)
Amazon | Goodreads | BN

Author: Katie Mcgarry

Publisher: Harlequin Teen (November 26, 2013)
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance, 496 pages
ISBN-10:  037321099X
ISBN-13: 978-0373210992
ASIN: B00DPAN5H2
My Copy: ARC eBook






SUMMARY:
The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

MY REVIEW:
Boy meets girl...at a drag race no less. Need-for-speed junkies Isaiah and Rachel meet at an illegal drag race, and when shit hits the fan, Isaiah takes Rachel for a ride. A ride that will have their lives entwining with emotions and fast cars. 

EEK. YES! After the first few pages of Crash into You, I was completely hooked! I love almost everything about this book. I was kinda crushed when in Dare You To (Book #2 in the Pushing the Limits series), Isaiah wasn't "the one" that ended up with Beth. I was crushed, CRUSHED I tell you! But after all my squealing and jumping around had settled down, I finally gained the courage to start this book. The problems that these characters go through are a bit unrealistic to me, but KMcGarry does a great job of pulling all the feels out of you and onto the page. ALL THE FEELS.
Reeling you in and making, YES, MAKING, you fall in love with her characters.  And by the time you're done reading the book all you can do is stare at the last word, of the last sentence, of the last paragraph, of the last page, of the last chapter and think to yourself: why? why is it over? I'm not over exaggerating here people. It's that damned good. The characters are all well developed and have these personalities that either you hate or you love, but regardless of your feelings towards said characters, they were made to make you feel that way. And in this case, I absolutely loved Rachel and I loved Rachel with Isaiah even more. 

If you can recall, I stated in the previous paragraph that I loved ALMOST everything. And I say almost because some of it was a bit irritating. And by irritating, I mean that I wish the characters would have handled things a bit differently. But that's just me.  Other than that, I thought this was great book.

Raised in foster care, Isaiah has the mental attitude of someone working against the world. Or, rather, the world is working against him. Trusts no one and has the "big bad" label that no one messes with. YEEEAAAAH, who wouldn't love this? Tattoos, charming smile (when he smiles), and a heart of gold! You know damned well under all that rough bad boy exterior lies a heart of gold just waiting to swoon you off your feet and into bed... ahem.. I mean, yeaaah. lol. I absolutely loved Isaiah from the very first book: Pushing the Limits. So you can be damned sure that I was reeling with excitement when he finally got his own book and a damned good book at that. 

Rachel and Isaiah make a great pair in this YA novel, although, Ana and Isaiah sounds a bit better. HAHA. *sigh* I know, I can keep dreaming. I would definitely recommend Crash into You. If you're looking for a Young Adult novel to sweep you off your feet and will have you glued to your book until the very last page, then you should stop reading this review and pick up your copy NOW!

Click HERE for my review of PUSHING THE LIMITS (Book #1 in the Pushing the Limits series)
Click HERE for my review of DARE YOU TO (Book #2 in the Pushing the Limits series)

MY RATING:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top