Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Movie Review: The Man with the Iron Fists


Man with the Iron Fists
Genre: Action

Rated: R
Time: 95min
Release Date: November 2, 2012
Director:
RZA
Screenplay: Eli Roth & RZA
Starring: Russell Crowe, Cung Le, and Lucy Liu (Full cast and crew HERE)

MOVIE DESCRIPTION:
On the hunt for a fabled treasure of gold, a band of warriors, assassins, and a rogue British soldier descend upon a village in feudal China, where a humble blacksmith looks to defend himself and his fellow villagers.


MY REVIEW:
WHAT. THE. FUCK. -- Alright, so, a family member came down to visit in November, and her bf  and my lil bro wanted to watch this movie... so, I gave in and was all "Okay!"... NO! No no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Gah. Waste of money!

You've got these amazing actors... I mean, come on. Lucy Liu? That's a badass chick right there. Russell Crowe? He's awesome. As for Batista and RZA...ehh. Horrible acting on their parts. Aside from the actors and the ONE surprising factor that got to me (which I won't spoil for those of you who are going to ignore me and watch this movie anyway) this movie was pretty craptastic. I was bored about 10 minutes into it and wish I would have pulled out my cell to just text my life away, but I was being a good movie goer and kept my phone at bay. 

Action? Yeah, there was some action. Different clans going at it and killing each other. Or should I say, one clan in particular just slaughtering everyone else. The fighting bits were pretty cool, I'll admit. I though that was pretty good as far as Ninja-Ass-Whoopin movies go. But, other than that, it was pretty boring. I stopped following the storyline and would only perk up when someone decided it was time to kick ass. The final battle had it's ups and downs. Remember that surprising factor I mentioned earlier? Yepp, it's in this final scene. Pretty awesome, but not awesome enough lol. 

Would I recommend this movie? Ahhh.. I dunno. Actually, I think my little bro liked it, so for that alone. If you love the whole fake blood and guts thing with your action flicks, then yeah, watch this movie. Other than that? Nah, don't watch it. I wouldn't recommend it. 

MY RATING:
I would have rated this a 1.5 but, alas, I do not give half ratings. 
MOVIE TRAILER:

6 comments:

  1. how come I never heard of this?? I love meself a good action movie. haha I'll probably keep this on when I just want a mindless movie full of action

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. IDK? Lol I didn't hear about it til we got to the theater. lol. Lol let me know what you think when you get around to watching it :)


    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. where you? It wasn't for me >.< RZA is not a great actor lol.


    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was! ahhhh. >.< RUUUUNNN lol. Thanks for stopping by, Krista <3


    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on The Man with the Iron Fists, Ana. I watched it last night after I got home from my shift at DISH; I know you didn’t really like it, but I thought it was a decent martial arts flick. I’m glad I rented it through my DISH Blockbuster @Home disk by mail service. With over 100,000 DVD/Blu-Ray movies, TV shows, and video games, I always have something new showing up at my door.

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top