Monday, March 4, 2013

TBR Pile Knockout #6

TBR Pile Knockout is a weekly meme hosted by Ana of Beach Bum Reads and Anna of Herding Cats & Burning Soup. This meme was created to tackle our HUGE and STILL GROWING TBR piles.

We will be posting EVERY other Monday for the rest of the year. Our goal is to make a rather nice dent in our TBR piles. So, aside from our other lovely reads, we will be making sure ONE book out of our TBR pile will be read :)

Want to join in? Check out the rules:

1. Go to your TBR pile and randomly pick one book off your list!
  • We'll be using random.org to pick our reads.
  • Type in the number of books in your TBR pile where it says "MAX"
  • Then click generate and it will give you your randomly selected book!
  • NOTE: If the book chosen via random.org is part of a series, you can go ahead and read the first book in said series. 
2. Come back here each week (or however often you'd like to join in) and link up your "TBR Pile Knockout" post in the linky below!

Don't know what to write in your post? You can Add the cover for your book, the book summary and details (author, publisher, etc.), you can leave a line or two on how long that book was sitting in your TBR Pile, or just tell us what you think about starting this one! You can always add in a review for your last pick too!

Don't have a blog? You can still join in! Just link in your Goodreads reviews or add link the Amazon/B&N page for the book and leave your thoughts in a comment on this page :)
*Click on photos to enlarge*

Alright. I was really excited to read this one the last two weeks. But, unfortunately I wasn't even able to pick it up. Didn't even read the first sentence >.< I've been swamped with review books to read and I've done pretty good on that front. Finished about 3 books this past weekend, so I'm happy about that. So I'll definitely be starting this one soon. 

The other books that are still needing to be read from this meme are ... 


Exiled: 1% done
Awakening: 0% done
The Seer's 7 Deadly Fairy Tales: 34% done - I've attempted at this one and I'm just not feeling it. So, it shall sit on this TBR list until I feel I can pick it up without reading and not comprehending a dang word read.
This time my pick is...

SUMMARY:

Sassy London journalist, Amy Norton, is on the trail of a missing TV celebrity. When her over-protective father hires a bodyguard to accompany her during her investigative work, she's furious. Things only get worse when she realizes the bodyguard is the guy she mistakenly approached on a blind date the night before. She was all over the man and embarrassed herself, big time. The last thing she wants is to have him obstructing her task, gorgeous though he is.

Undercover Investigator, Sebastian Armitage, is amused and fascinated by the situation and sets out to charm the pants off the hot-headed Ms Norton. She is one sexy lady, and he wants her. Before long they embark on a red-hot affair, but how is Sebastian going to point out that she's going about investigate work the wrong way, while keeping her sweet?

62,000 words in length, hot contemporary romance. Please note, this title contains explicit language and graphic sex scenes.



Alright. I'm not making myself anymore promises. If I get to this one, I'll be damned proud of myself. Lol. It seems interesting enough. And I do love the cover. AND it's a hot contemporary romance. I've been lost in New Adult this past week, so I think I need to step it up and jump into my adult contemp. reads. 

So, what was your random pick this week?



13 comments:

  1. Oh blast it Ana! I so didn't realize it was posting time until I saw your post and one over on Fetch Me My Fainting Couch. Oops! As soon as I have the store to myself I'll get my post up.


    LOL I love how we're both so bad at our own meme. Makes me laugh every time. Good luck tackling one of your books Ana. Yay for getting so many other ones read this week!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah! haha.

    Omfg. I laugh at myself every freaking week. I did attempt to read an old one that random.org picked out, I just wasn't feeling it. So I moved on lol. But eeek goodluck to me and to you!

    I didn't notice someone else was doing the meme too! I'm gonna have to stop by their blog :) Thanks for the heads up :)

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwhaha we are such a mess. I love it! Yep fetchmemyfaintingcouch.blogspot.com/ did one :) I don't think she linked in though but it came up in my email this morning. I saw hers and yours at about the same time and had one of those "oh hell" moments. And people keep needing me at the store so haven't had a chance to play on blogger yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. I googled her after I read your comment. :) Just finished commenting on her blog and followed so I don't miss anymore of her posts lol. -- oooh girl I've been busy and after I finished my book last night I forced myself to do my post. As depressing as it is right now. But I am DETERMINED to actually read one of the books this week. I've been doing good lately, so hopefully that helps encourage me lol. No worries about not playing on blogger, blogger will always be here haha :p


    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the review books that are killing me. I didn't plan them well I guess and all the sudden had back to back to back with no free time to just do whatever reading I wanted. They were all good books for the most part to wasn't painful or anything but man alive it's made it hard to squeeze some of these extra books in. And well you saw how things went with Angel be Good. lol that was just sad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was able to read another one from my pile...yay me! Hopefully I'll be able to read the two new ones...lols.


    Those review books are always sneaking up on you...smh. Hopefully, you'll be able to get one from your pile read this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here. I actually thought I had all the time in the world to review, but nope. Time is killing me lol. But, I did get through a few this past week and hopefully a few more this week. -- lol You and Angel be Good will forever have a standoffish relationship xD


    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! You're so beating me at my own meme. haha. you've been picking really good ones! The one's I'm picking have been on my TBR pile forever and those are the ones that caught my eye. I'm iffy on them, because I don't know the authors. *le sigh* but the one I picked this week is pretty good so far ^_^


    Good luck!


    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe me & you are about the same...trust me ;) Good Lucky woman...I hope this one is a good read for you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol. alrighty then. I trust you ol. -- ooh me too. So, far I'm loving the main guy in the book. Just his description alone makes me want to eat him up. And YES he was fully clothed in this description. I think I should keep reading so I can find out what he looks like without his clothes hahaha.


    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol! fully cloth is good? right? lols. looking forward to your review missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. Fully clothed is good. It lets my mind do all the wandering ;) hahaha. The mind is such a powerful tool xD Thanks! Looking forward to yours as well.


    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoops, I linked into the old one (typical of me)! I'll do it on this new one;.

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top