Saturday, June 30, 2012

ARC Review: Big Sky Mountain by Linda Lael Miller



Big Sky Mountain
(Book #2 in the Swoon Worthy Cowboys Series)

Amazon
| GoodReads
Author: Linda Lael Miller
Publisher: HQN Books
Release Date: July 24, 2012
Genre: Romance, 384 pages
ISBN-10:
0373776438
ISBN-13:
978-0373776436

SUMMARY:

With his rugged good looks, vast wealth and family name, hell-raiser Hutch Carmody is still the golden boy of Parable, Montana. But he's done some growing up-making peace with his illegitimate half brother and inheriting half of Whisper Creek Ranch, which should have been all his. These days, Hutch knows there are some things money can't buy: like the heart of loving, ladylike divorcĂ© e Kendra Shepherd. 

Kendra's quiet mansion reminds her of what she wants most-a devoted husband and the pitter-patter of little feet. She can't get Hutch Carmody out of her mind. But a rough-and-tumble cowboy like Hutch, coming home for family dinner? Seems crazy! Then again, crazier dreams have become reality under the vast Montana sky.

MY REVIEW:

Calling off a wedding is one thing, calling off a wedding during the actual wedding is another thing entirely. And the town sure does keep talking when Hutch Carmody, a rich rancher with a way for leaving broken hearts behind him, calls off his wedding while his would-have-been bride Brylee Parish is walking down the isle. Kendra Shepherd is no new witness to the ways of Hutch Carmody, having been through the romp with Hutch, Kendra can't afford to let her heart have it's way when it comes to him. Especially since she now has a daughter. 

Let me just say that this book is better than the first. Right from the first page I was captured by what was going on & how in the hell could someone get married and have kids during the interim of the two books! And then I was brought back to serenity when I kept reading. Hutch is definitely a swoon worthy cowboy, Aside from his good hunky dory looks, I think men who respond to children & show a loving heart to them are definitely swoon worthy. We are introduced to Madison, Kendra's adopted daughter, in the beginning of the book & the conversations this little girl has brought a different element to the book entirely. Picking up a romance, you're more entitled to be enthralled by the couple the book surrounds but, as the book progresses, you can't help but love this little girl. Kendra Sheperd is caring around a lot of issues, all from her past. Having love and lost with Hutch Carmody and having been married and divorced to Madison's father, Kendra is trying to change around her life entirely to give her daughter what she never had. Love.

There is a lot I liked about this book. First, Hutch. Laaaawd, let me have a man like that & I'm good to go! Hutch is different from his brother Slade Barlow. Where Slade is more quiet & thought provoking, Hutch will speak his mind & speak it right there on the spot. And he's great with children... I mean, come on.. totally won me there! What I didn't like... well, I can't say I didn't like anything.. unless I can say I wish there was more smutty scenes? But then again, that wouldn't have boded well for the book. But, let me just say that Hutch Carmody sounds like a great lover. He loves him some foreplay & won't have it any other way. Kendra is one lucky woman to have a man devour her like he does ;) 

I would definitely recommend this book. If you're looking for something light and fun, then Hutch Carmody is just what you need :) I am definitely looking forward to the next book in this series. Big Sky River is said to be released by December 18, 2012. There is no blurb, but I'm sure I know just who's story it's going to be & I am super excited for it! 

MY RATING:



5 comments:

  1. You're making me want to fall in love with a cowboy >.< lmao! Great review Ana, I might give this series a try someday.... later on! Lol :P Really though, it sounds interesting enough that I'll go pick it up hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. I love me some cowboys ;) Thanks :) You should, it's a nice breather from all the heavy stuff I read. Let me know if you ever pick up the series!

      Ana♥

      Delete
  2. this one sounds good. I'm in the mood for a cute and sweet love story right now and this sounds perfect. It always melts my heart when a guy in a book is sweet to kids. Gets me every time *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe it's a good read :) well then you'll love you some Hutch Carmody!!

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top